: Fidelity Charitable
: Cary, NC
Learn More & Apply: https://fidelity.taleo.net/careersection/10020/jobdetail.ftl?job=1500524
is an independent public charity, serviced by Fidelity Investments. Fidelity Charitable’s mission is to further the American tradition of philanthropy by providing programs that make charitable giving simple and effective. To date, our industry leading platform has helped over 100,000 customers grant more than $17 billion to over 180,000 charities. Fidelity Charitable is a high growth company made up of a team of passionate professionals with a startup mentality to drive to innovate. The organization is also in the unique position to benefit from the resources, stability and track record of Fidelity Investments. Fidelity Charitable is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina and has 200 employees.
We are currently seeking a Director, Web & Mobile Design to support a multi-year, multi-million dollar innovation initiative to create the next generation of our donor digital experience. In this newly created role, you will be a critical part of the Product Management team responsible for creating simple, social, and smart experiences that inspire Fidelity Charitable donors to make more of a difference with their philanthropic dollars.
The Director of Web & Mobile Design will work closely with stakeholders across Fidelity Charitable to understand donor and business needs and translate them into web and mobile experiences our donors will love and that will have a tangible impact to our business. The ideal candidate is a hands-on design leader and doer with both UX and Visual Design chops who is looking to make a difference in a mission driven, fast paced environment, is passionate about pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and is highly collaborative and user centered in his/her approach to creating breakthrough experiences for our customers.
• Drive the creative direction of the new digital experience, create an interaction model that is optimal across devices and digital channels
• Establish a user centered design approach and process, ensuring that all experiences are developed in alignment with customer needs and input; translate analytics, usability and field research into design ideas and improvements
• Create and manage partnerships to access world class design talent to support initiative; potentially hire and train small internal team to support and sustain innovation over time
• Ensure high quality designs are delivered in accordance with program schedule
• Partner with the development team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation
• Maintain a visual design and editorial style guide for the site, ensure future releases maintain consistency and simplicity of experience
• Develop and maintain CMS template library and standards around template use
• Partner with Product Manager and Technology Manager to determine optimal roadmap and rollout strategy
• 10+ years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, experience designer or a similar role
• Has a portfolio that demonstrates hands on experience creating intuitive and engaging user experiences with a modern, clean, balanced, and concise design sense
• Experience designing for mobile and tablets – both mobile web and native app designs (IOS and Android)
• Experience with cross platform interoperability and graceful degradation; ideally based on device detection and device capabilities
• Demonstrated success in building and leading teams; comfortable directing full time employees, contract employees and/or agency resources to align and execute against a single creative vision
• Familiarity with large, consumer, transaction-oriented websites
• MS, BS, or BA in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related field
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into compelling design
• Mad wireframing and rapid prototyping skills; comfortable quickly sketching and sharing approach to get feedback and input early and often
• Executive presentation skills; can sell a vision
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
• Strong detail orientation; has experience overseeing implementation from start to finish to ensure highest level of product quality
• CMS experience a must, experience with SDL Tridion a plus
• Must have experience with and be comfortable working in a rapid, iterative software development process
• JS, CSS, and HTML presentation layer development skills are a HUGE plus
• Is passionate about good design and design trends
• Thorough understanding of overall web and mobile design standards
• Proficient in the latest design tools
• Stay abreast of latest design and technology trends for all platforms
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want--from the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the 10,000 advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to invest their clients' money. To do this well, as a privately held company, we place a high degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.