Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Durham, NC
Contact: Lori Wasserman, lori.wasserman.@fmr.com
Learn More: /https:fidelity.taleo.net/careersection/10020/jobdetail.ftl?job=1405890
Are you passionate about user research? Enjoy a fast-paced environment where you can flex all your research talents? Do you want to join a thriving UX Research team whose members literally wrote the book on some of the key methods in this field (Measuring the User Experience and Beyond the Usability Lab)? Are you ready to take on cutting edge research technologies & tools such as eye-tracking, large-scale online studies, and mobile app testing (to name a few)? Are you open to new and exciting participatory research methodologies such as Design Thinking? Are you able to balance flexibility with analytical rigor – with professional polish and positive demeanor? Do you work well with multi-disciplinary interactive teams and business partners alike? Would you jump at the opportunity to take a deep dive into financial services, applying your research and technology skills to help build upon and improve user-centered initiatives?
Here’s your chance.
We are currently looking for User Experience Researchers to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture. Position(s) will work within our User Experience Research team based in Durham, NC.
Talk to customers often!
• Design and administer usability studies on a wide range of Fidelity web sites and applications.
• Analyze results and efficiently prepare reports detailing the outcome of usability.
• Present findings with actionable recommendations to business sponsors and senior management.
• Lead all phases of usability test preparation, including recruiting, scheduling, and test script development.
• Work closely with our internal business clients to translate their business requirements into experiences our customers love.
• Identify and implement a variety of methods for getting input and feedback from customers, including participatory design methods, interviews, observational studies, online feedback mechanisms, focus groups (in-person and remote), card-sorting exercises, lab usability studies, online usability studies, remote usability studies, and others as appropriate.
• Conduct user research to determine future directions for Fidelity’s websites and applications, including mobile apps.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree a plus (e.g., usability, human factors, ethnography, HCI, sociology).
• Experience in the UX, usability, and/or user research fields.
• Experience in financial services preferred but not required. Willingness to learn about and immediately immerse in the financial services space. (It’s fascinating!)
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proactivity and optimism
• High degree of professionalism combined with professional flexibility
• Ability to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as the environment dictates
• Sense of humor, can-do attitude and ongoing willingness to learn
• No-fear around new technology, equipment and navigating the internal systems of a 44,000 employee company
Preferred familiarity or experience with:
• Contextual inquiry methods, including user interviews and observation
• User surveys (primarily online)
• Participatory design methods such as Customer co-development and design thinking
• Task analyses and use case development
• Competitive analyses
• Focus groups
• Brainstorming and participatory design methods
• Card-sorting methods and affinity diagramming
• Usability studies (lab and remote)
• Large-scale online (unmoderated) usability studies
• Live-site A/B testing
• Sparkling MS Excel & PowerPoint skills, general familiarity with Photoshop
• Impressive command of both Mac and PC
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they wantundefined from the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the10,000 advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to invest their clients’ money. To do this well, as a privately held company, we place a high degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer